Tuesday, May 1, 2007

TBS 2, Blog Entry 2, Effects of globalization on my life, Week 4

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The whole world has been changing quickly and is in the process of the unity at every aspect such as culture, custom, goods, city type and common law. Some special things such as media, newspapers, internet, or wealth are promoting globalization.
The first thing that effects of globalization on my life is to encourage moving to New Zealand. It is not usual that I go abroad to study or live in another country due to my introspective character. In addition, I am learning English in order to use it more properly everyday because English is a common language in the world. And somebody says, this world could be called 'a blue ocean' which indicates peace in oppose to ‘red ocean’ which indicates war. People in the period of 'a red ocean' usually had to compete to get better things such as position, wealth or power.
However, globalization has accelerated people to cooperate with each other so that I have to collaborate with anybody. Otherwise nobody including me can survive in the earth.
Furthermore, one of the most greatest effects is that I don’t hesitate to go anywhere to live or work due to help of the media or internet which is the main tools of globalization. Through those I am able to contact my family, friends or colleagues promptly if I want to let them know my situation urgently. The last effect for me is to understand other nationalities’ cultures and customs because I can get the knowledge of other people before I meet them. It makes me more gentle and polite without any misunderstanding.

No comments: